4/11/09

1 year later

1 year later. Yes 1 year later and we are still waiting. Our paperwork has been in Ethiopia since November 18th. I never dreamed we would still be waiting for our referrals. When we started this process, most people that we met that had gone through adopting from Ethiopia told us it was about 1 year, from application to travel for them. Well not for us. Things seem to be just getting longer in the process. There are some families that we have met that are using the same agency that were in the classes with us and have gotten there referrals, been through court and getting ready to travel. I don't know if ours is slower, because we are asking for two children.
There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason. One couple who just got their referral a few weeks ago was told by our agency it would be 2-3 months before they travel....not what you expect to hear. When we started the process, I had such high hopes of having our children home before my birthday in May and Naing's birthday in June. Guess that is not meant to be.
Now I'm starting to wonder if we will have a referral and pass court before the court closes in the late summer/early fall. When you start thinking about it, that really isn't that far away.

2 Kind Words:

Shannon said...

The waiting is the hardest part. I found your blog as we are with the same agency--we just began the wait. I hope you get your referrals soon!

Paula said...

Becky, I feel so strongly for you... you HAVE been waiting a long time. Every part of the process seems to have slowed, as you know from our situation with the court dates! I am still praying for you and hope you hear good news about a referral soon. Hang in there and big hugs from Nebraska!