6/17/09

7 Months

We are officially at 7 months of waiting for our referrals. The average wait time is 4-6 months, so we are not average. The longer it goes the harder it gets. It is so hard to try to be positive when you answer every one's questions of when it will be our turn. I know they are interested and care about us, but at this time I think not asking would be better for me right now.
A couple that is with our agency who has been waiting longer than we have, just got their referrals for two children. We are happy for them and here is hoping that ours is next and SOON.
I have gotten involved in helping put a reunion together for families that have adopted from the Toukol orphanage. The reunion is going to take place in the Portland area next summer Aug 6-8, 2010.
Naing has been busy building a new gate for our fence and building a big trellis over the gate for my wisteria to grow up it. Our yard looks so lovely. All of our hard work has really paid off.
Next on his to build list is a brick patio. If I keep myself busy enough, I'm very tired when I go to bed and I don't dwell on our wait time a long time before I fall to sleep.

2 Kind Words:

Paula said...

You have been waiting a long time. Hugs.

Debbie said...

The wait stinks. When we adopted our daughter we got her referral in about 3 weeks but then had to wait 9 1/2 months before we could go get her. Watching her grow up in pictures was tough. However, I can honestly say that it now feels like she's always been with us and all the frustration I felt and tears I shed are nothing more than a distant memory that has become very vague. Your children will be home before you know it and you'll look back and wonder how time passed so quickly. It doesn't feel that way now, but one day it will. Hang on. You won't be waiting much longer.