9/5/09

One week away

This time next week, we will be on a plane to DC, to transfer to Air Ethiopia and head to Addis Abba. Everyone keeps asking me are you all packed. Uh no, we are tearing up the carpet in the house and laying wood floors. I do have a list made of what I'm going to pack...but haven't made it that far yet.
Yes we are crazy, thanks for asking. At least, I thought Naing was crazy trying to get this big project done before we leave. But every time we pull up another piece of this nasty, original carpet from the 80s, I am relieved that our babies won't be walking and crawling on this yucky carpet.
So even if we are so tired when we roll onto the plane next Sat, it will be worth it. We can sleep on the plane:) or at least Naing can.
Wednesday is my last day of work and Naing is taking Friday off, so we have time to pack.
And to keep us focused on this job it is raining this Labor day weekend, just for us:) who wants to be out doing things in the rain, no no no we will stay inside and lay floors, thank you very much.

3 Kind Words:

Debbie said...

At least projects give you something else to focus on instead of obsessing 24/7 about your kids and upcoming trip :-) Okay, maybe it just gives you something to do while your obsessing 24/7 about your kids and upcoming trip :-) LOL!!

Jill said...

Whew! You guys are brave to tackle such a big project right now. Which makes me curious, how did the bay window in your room turn out?

Becky and Naing said...

I think crazy is a better word! We finally finished the babies' room and I just got it put back together again. The bay window is still in the garage:)