11/9/08

Asking

I asked the pastor of the church we are attending if we could ask for donations for the orphanage. She let me and asked me to go up to the podium to speak in front of the whole church. I made Naing come up to. Of course I started to cry talking about what we are doing and the number of orphans that need help. I dropped a box off today all decorated and people are donating pens, paper, and used clothes. It was so touching to see how many people want to help. Sometimes all you have to do is ask.

2 Kind Words:

Paula said...

Hi Becky and Naing! I recognize your names from one of the Yahoo Ethiopian groups... we're in the process of adopting too; our dossier is done and should be on it's way to Ethiopia *very* soon. Hope you don't mind if I follow your blog; feel free to check out ours as well. Hugs, Paula

Becky and Naing said...

We don't mind at all. I love reading everyone's blogs. Makes this journey seem more real.