5/18/09

6 months

Today marks month number 6 that we have been waiting for our referrals. Last Thursday I went and saw our friends who came home with their daughter from Toukol a few weeks ago. She is so beautiful! They were telling me about their trip and showing me pictures. They told me they asked why we were still waiting for our referrals when they were already traveling to pick up their child. They were told since we are open to siblings our file gets "saved" for siblings that fit us since not everyone wants siblings.
If this is true, why hasn't our agency said anything?
To make this more uncertain we were notified that in the city of Addis Abba adoptions for abandoned children have been put on hold. The number of children being abandoned in Addis has risen dramatically and they are worried about unethical adoptions. So here we are still waiting and wondering when.

2 Kind Words:

Paula said...

That's frustrating, you have been waiting so long. I think you will be so glad to get siblings though. I'm still praying for you. Hang in there!

Debbie said...

I know it's frustrating and I'm sorry your wait has been so long. One thing that I appreciate Toukoul doing, that other orphanges don't do, is really trying to match children and parents instead of just going in order. While we might appreciate getting a referral sooner by going in file order, it removes that personal touch and effort in putting the perfect family together.

Before you know it, you'll have your referral and your children will be home. Hang in there.