5/4/09

Do you ever wonder?

Do you ever wonder if you were to die, who would come to your memorial/wake and what you would be remembered for? I know this is a dark thing to think about, but I had a hard week last week. One of our clients passed away and she was only 52. She had a lot of health problems, but was always happy and quick to joke and laugh. I went to the party to honor her on Sat. night. It was so interesting to see pictures of her before I knew her. It made me start to wonder what will I be remembered for......
A sister, a friend, a daughter, a wife, hopefully a mother, but will my life fill up books of joy like Susan's.
Her passing was really hard for me, because she was so young.
Add to that another week of no referrals and my nephew's baby being born and I was ready to go crawl under the covers for a day.
I'm excited for my nephew and his wife, but also jealous that he is so young and has his family and we are still waiting for ours.
Ok I'll stop whining now. Here is to a better week!

3 Kind Words:

Debbie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. The death of a friend or family member tends to make us all think about our own lives and what kind of impression we hope to leave on this world.

I also know the wait for your child is difficult. However, it will happen.

Paula said...

Hugs.

Selah said...

I am sad to hear about your friend and I think of you so often while you are waiting. It is so hard! I am proud of you and you still encourage all of those around you. I hope this week is better. Blessings to you-- Kimberly