7/1/09

Our referrals

We will always remember this Canada Day as the day we got our referrals. Once again I was asked by one of my employees if we had heard anything about our babies yet. As I proceeded to tell her no we know absolutely nothing....and don't know when we will, things changed. Around 12:30 today I received a call from our Agency to tell us they had information on our referrals. I wanted Naing to hear this too, so we conference called him at work. Some of the sweetest words I every heard a girl 14 months old and a boy around 6 months old. The boy Beri, his birthday is a guess since he was a found baby. He is so sweet and has a wonderful smile for all to see. Our girl Amarech, is so beautiful, but she isn't smiling for the camera. She is looking seriously at the person taking her picture.

I was just crying on the phone listening to Tammi's sweet words about our babies. After we got of the phone I just sat there in shock. I ended up going into the treatment room at work and jumping up and down and I let out a shout of joy. Then the phone calls and emails started. I sure hope I remembered everyone.

Naing and I feel so blessed, relieved and joyful. Hard to put into words how the weight of this unknown has been lifted from my shoulders and everything just seems brighter. When I came home from work, Naing had champagne and flowers waiting for me.

Now we accept our referrals, we officially signed our paperwork tonight and once again wait. Now we will be waiting for a court date. We hope that we can get a court date before the cutoff for court closure. The adoption court in Addis Abba closes for approximately 6 weeks during the rainy season and no cases are heard. Everyone please keep us in your prayers that we beat that deadline and pass court on the first go around.

3 Kind Words:

Shannon said...

Congratulations on your referral. Wishing you a speedy court date to beat the closure.

Paula said...

So happy and excited for you!

A brief bio: said...

I am thrilled to hear your exciting news! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Crystal