8/25/09

Doctors Appointment

Today I made our appointment with the Pediatrician for when we return. Check that off my list.
I keep adding more to the list than I'm checking off:)
I have been soliciting advice from people that have made this trip before us. Please let me know what you think is a must for the trip and what you wished you had brought with you.

We got our first baby present in the mail today. A musical activity center for Haven now and for Alec when he is older. That was fun to finally be able to open a baby gift.

3 Kind Words:

Debbie said...

I've not made the trip to Ethiopia yet, but I made a trip to Guatemala and have some suggestions. Gerber Puffs are great snacks for little ones with teeth. Although they really don't require any chewing because they pretty much disolve in the mouth. Pack individual changes of clothes in separate plastic zip lock bags. Ex. Shirt, pants, socks, and diaper in one zip lock bag. If one of the kids soil the clothes they are wearing you simply grab the wipes and a plastic bag with the clean change of clothes. The the clean clothes come out of the zip lock bag and go on the child and the soiled clothes go back in the zip lock bag.

I also became a fan on the scented disposable diaper sacks. I know K-Mart carries them. They are blue and have a baby powder scent which is nice for disposing of stinky diapers.

Of course small toys which are easy to clean are really great on trips.

Try to get babies to drink during take-offs and landings.

Make sure you and daddy have changes of clothes in your carry-on bags as well. I ended up needing to change my clothes on a flight after changing Lili's clothes :-) And don't let the flight attendant take your carry-on with your changes of clothes without knowing you can get to them easily.

Becky and Naing said...

Thanks Debbie

Jill said...

I wish I had brought a tiny box of detergent. I ended up washing Nyah's clothes in the bathtub with a bar of soap. I also wish we had brought a small gift for our driver. I didn't know what they would like so didn't bring anything. We aren't allowed to give money so ended up giving him the only thing we could think of, a bag of trail mix from Walmart we had brought to snack on. We're lucky he liked it! The next day he said his wife and kids loved it because they don't have that kind in Ethiopia :)