8/12/09

Hard Day

Today was a very sad day. We put the cat who lived at the clinic to sleep today. When I started that job 10 years ago, we bonded over my long work hours. Boots would sleep on my lap or on my desk while I worked. A lot of changes happened over the 10 years we were together. The one consistent thing at my clinic was my kitty. Boots was a sassy kitty, but I loved his sass!
I will miss her dearly. It will be hard to walk back into work Friday and not see him sleeping in his basket, or hear him talk to me.
His passing just seems to make my leaving the clinic more real. With all the excitement of the adoption there is a underlying sadness of leaving my life at the clinic.

3 Kind Words:

Paula said...

I'm so sorry about Boots. I love pets and have had to put a well-beloved cat to sleep too. It's hard. Also, even though my coaching job was a part-time "fun" job, I was very sad when I left it and I still miss it. But being able to spend my time with my girls has made it worthwhile! Stay home mom is a pretty great gig.

A brief bio: said...

I am sorry this happened. It is so hard when a pet dies. Crystal

Pizzamoma said...

I'm very sorry to hear about Boots. We have two cats and they are so important to our entire family.
Our court date for Ethiopia is also Wednesday. I'm praying for good news for all of us.
Take care,
Deb