12/18/09

Alec's first birthday.





Alec turned one on December 15th. That is the date assigned by the Dr. at Toukoul after she adjusted his original given date of birth. We decided to keep that date.
We are waiting to have his "party" on the 20th when Naing's parents get in town.
But he had to have something on his special day. So I got him a little cupcake and put a candle in it.
Alec is just starting to explore food other than baby food. At first he just played with the frosting but when I gave him a taste of it, things changed. He got very serious about eating the sweet cupcake.
I am truly amazed at him every day. He was so sickly when we brought him home and he has just blossomed. He jabbers non-stop and throws in a real word every now and then.
He loves to play with his toys, all the toys and is very busy. He is even sleeping through most of the nights now.
I look at him and think about his birth Mom. I wish there was someway to find out who she is, just to let her know that he is alive, well and loved. I can't even imagine the pain she must have endured leaving him for someone to find him to make sure he received medical care. It breaks my heart to think she doesn't know that he is ok, or I assume she doesn't. He truly is my little miracle boy. Happy birthday buddy, I can't imagine my life without your sweet smile, adorable giggle and our nightly cuddles.

2 Kind Words:

Debbie said...

Love the pictures!!!!

I don't know too many AP's who don't think of their children's birth mothers on a regular basis. I know Lili's birth mother is thought of daily. We are fortunate to have information about her and hope to meet her one day. Now I find myself thinking of Naomi's birth mother, wondering where she is, is she alive, why did she leave her baby girl, etc?
What I am sure of is that loving and providing for our children is the best gift we could give to their birth mothers. I hope that somehow they know their children are well, they are loved and they are cared for.

Paula said...

Adorable pictures with the cupcake! We think about Candace and Sarah's birth family too; we know a little bit about them but not much. It makes me feel bittersweet that my happiness with my beautiful girls came at the expense of a huge loss for someone else. Anyway, happy birthday to your special boy!