12/10/09

Portrait session

Yesterday I took Haven and Alec to have portraits done to celebrate them being home 3months. What a project that was. To get out of the house with them clean is always a project! Usually someone has a poopy diaper as we are walking out the door. Yesterday both of them did. To add to the level of difficulty, it is very cold right now in Oregon. We are talking in the teens and 20s. Both babes had to be bundled up with hats and gloves. They were not fans of it at all. Alec has become horrible to get dress any time, but when he doesn't want to WATCH OUT. He is a whirling tornado of energy trying to get away from you. I literally have to wrap my legs around him to hold him still.
We got to the photo session and all of a sudden my daughter was shy. Now those of you that have been around Haven since she came home, know she likes to be the center of attention. I felt sorry for the lady doing out shots, because the kids did not want to be still for her and were getting off the mark all the time to come to me.
She got some great shots!! Shots of them together and separate and also we did a wardrobe change and got some done in their Ethiopian outfits. It was a long hour and 1/2 but I loved the shots and ordered a lot of pictures!!!
Gifts for the grandparents when they are here for Christmas.
I must say the favorite shots of each one is Alec with his monkey and Haven leaning into the camera being cheeky. I'll post when I pick them up next week.

1 Kind Words:

Paula said...

We did photos over Thanksgiving... no poopy diapers of course at our house, but seven people is a challenge! I can't wait to see yours!