8/1/10

Ever had this type of friend..

I have a friend that is one of my best friends. We have been through thick and thin together but she moved to Pennsylvania 10 years ago for the man that she would end up marrying. I miss having her in my day to day life. Even though we keep up via email...she wasn't able to be at my wedding and hadn't met my children yet.

Well this week she came out with her daughter and husband to see her family. It was so wonderful to see her..it had been way too long- 3 or 4 years we can't remember exactly. But it was just like old times seeing her.
I took the kids out to her parents' house. This was my home away from home. I would spend my holidays there if I did not go back to Texas. I was just another daughter to her parents. Her parent's house isn't baby proofed any more so my kids were creating a little bit of a mess. But we found Earl's fishing boots and that was enough to keep us out of trouble for a bit.





I have such fond memories of our trips together and time spent discussing lifes challenges and men. She was always my sounding board for the big problems/decisions in my life. Even now when things are rough I turn to her for guidance.

Now they got to meet my children. It was a little weird walking into that house as a Mom. The kids had a wonderful time and it was so great to visit, even though I was there for 4 hours it just flew by and felt so short.  Haven and Alec loved playing with Sue's daughter Isabelle. They enoyed all the special attention and best of all there were lots    tons of rocks to play with on her parent's land. So guess what we did...we talked while they played with the rocks. My how life changes.

Alec acting silly.

Yep there are rocks in the bowl.


Love you Sue, thanks for always being a real friend and never judging. You are so special to me. Now move back here dammit!! So my children can have you in their life daily. Lord knows I'm going to need your guidance with my daughter.
I'm so happy I got to spend some time with you and share my beautiful children with you.

1 Kind Words:

Paula said...

How lucky you are to have such a special friend!