8/10/10

Toukoul Reunion

This past weekend was the reunion for families that have adopted from the Toukoul orphanage. It was our first reunion and we were lucky enough to hold it in Portland. I had hoped for a bigger turnout since there are so many families here in the Portland area that have adopted from Toukoul, but it turned out to be just the right size to get to know people. There were 4 families from outside the Portland area.
Friday night was our meet and greet. The children ran wild in the little waiting area outside the banquet room. Good times had by all except the people in the restaurant that were being visited by our children...some were not too happy about the interruptions. Grumpy people...how can you not be happy to have a cutie pie come up and say hi to you.


You are as cute as I am.



Saturday am we met at the zoo. Everyone kinda went their own way, but it was still a fun time. Naing took the kids home to nap and I went on to the hair care class. OK this was our celebrity for the event. Katie from Happy Girl Hair blog did a class for us. It was GREAT!!!! I learned so much, somethings I was doing wrong with Haven's hair. But also so much more I can do to help keep it healthy and styling tips. Now I just need to practice on the girls head more....:)







Saturday pm we all went out to Jarra for an Ethiopian dinner. Again the kids were running amok, but the owners of the restaurant did not mind. The few other customers having dinner enjoyed the entertainment of our children for free.  Let me just say, Miss Haven loves Ethiopian food and couldn't get enough and as you know Mr. Picky himself just ate the enjeria.

Sunday we had a farewell picnic at Washington Park. Good times had by all. It was wonderful to meet some new families, some I knew of, others I did not. Next year the reunion will be in Chicago. I hope we can go.


This was as good as it got

1 Kind Words:

Paula said...

I'm so envious of my blog friends that have a community of fellow Ethiopian adopters nearby. I wish we had more around here.