11/25/10

Happy Thanksgiving

Wow I can't believe today is Thanksgiving. The year has flown by. Five years ago today, Naing was meeting my family that live in Oregon for the first time. Last year was our first Thanksgiving with our children home. Today we celebrate our second Thanksgiving as a family.
I am so thankful for my family. As difficult as our journey was to become a family, I wouldn't have changed one thing. Now we have these two amazing, smart, funny children that fill our lives with their spirit.


So I wanted to do what any family does to celebrate their holiday, take a family photo. I had my brother-in-law take a shot of us so we can use it for our Christmas card. Now remember how hard it is to get one child to look and smile at the camera...yep two is much harder. They are either looking away or not smiling or both. Throw in that H sucks her thumb and A sucks his fingers and things getter tricky ...so this is our best shot of many. Even though Haven is not smiling it is a cute picture of all of us. Notice the strategic placement of our hands over their hands:)

Thanksgiving 2010


I am so thankful for all the wonderful families we have met along our adoption journey.  We are truly blessed and need to remind ourselves about that when we get stuck in the day to day.


My little blessings:

What???  Don't you read on your Pooh train too?


Alec reading "The Cat in the Hat" to Haven. He asked her to sit on his lap...so sweet.

0 Kind Words: