12/17/10

I am now 2 years old!

Alec turned 2 on Wednesday, attitude and everything. My sweet little boy is growing up fast. "I do it" comes out of his mouth all day long. He gets great amounts of joy from tormenting his sister. His new thing is to sit in her lap when they are watching DVDs or reading books. When she tells him to get off, he just laughs and laughs. Stinker. He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES  "The Wiggles". He is really getting into the books that are a little more mischievous, like "The Cat in the Hat" and "A Fish Out of Water". I love to listen to him read the book and tell the story. Nothing better than hearing him say "This much and No More" oh that and how cute he says "Curious George". Even his babysitter comes over and asks him to say "Curious George".
I can not believe how fast he is growing up. He says his ABCs pretty well, a few left out here and there. He counts to 10 with prompting. This favorite number is 3. Right now all colors are green, when he was doing really well on identifying colors. When I quiz him with flash cards, he just says green for everything. He is starting to learn shapes.
He is this super loving, warm, caring child that wants to hold and kiss on babies. Whenever he sees a baby in public or on TV he asks to hold it. He loves to carry around Haven's doll wrapped up in a hooded towel and rock the baby in the rocking chair. One day when I sneezed he said bless you and went and got a baby wipe for me to wipe my nose.
He is starting to really build things with leggos and duplos now, not just tear them apart. His forte though is knocking down his sister's towers. He loves to run, climb, jump, dance, sing and play music.
My heart is filled with love for this little boy. When he gives me a hug, squeeze and  a big kiss it is the BEST.
Look how far he has come from that sick little baby we brought home last year.

Just home Sept 09


1 year old Dec 09


2 years old Dec 10
 My greatest wish it that he knows he is loved and cherished and his birth Mom somehow knows that as well.
When I look at him, I can't help but think of her and all she gave up for me to have this sweet little guy in my life.

3 Kind Words:

Paula said...

What a great little guy. I'm so glad he's doing so well.

Anonymous said...

He is growing up to be an adorable little fellow. Based on the smile on his face, I know he knows he is loved and cherished.

Jill said...

He is definately one special boy!