8/17/08

The green card

After getting married, we started Naing's green card process. Mentor had started the process, but once they heard we were married, suggested we continue it without their assistance. So off we go on the paperwork journey. For all those that have done adoption paperwork, the green card was nothing. In Sept of 2007, Naing got his green card, YEAH. I was so worked up about going for our green card meeting. They gave you this list of things you need to prove your relationship together. I brought a photo album of us while we were dating and of our wedding reception. They never looked at any of it. They wanted to know how much money I made, see proof that we had joint assets and asked us questions about how we met, how long we dated and when we got married. THAT WAS IT, 10 minutes tops. Maybe I should have learned something from this process and taken it with me as we prepared for our home study, I say in hindsight.

0 Kind Words: