8/17/08

Home study.

Ok I admit I was worked up about our first home study. I have felt like we were under the microscope for this adoption, on paper and now with the social worker coming to our home.
Our home is a work in progress and still needs work. Not to mention all the damage Tenley did as a puppy that I was frantic to fix before the meeting.
When I talk about damage, I mean damage! She unraveled carpet, chewed two baseboards and also bit a hole in 3 couches. So I got slip covers for the couches, patched the carpet, puddied the baseboards and repainted all the dings in the walls from her ball being thrown in the house.
Naing thought I was crazy and told me so many times, not to be obsessing about the house. Even my sister, Patty told me that was not the purpose of the home study, but I felt like that was the only part of this whole process I could control was how the house looked.
Now tomorrow we have our second home study visit and I am not all worked up about it. I did clean the house but I'm not obsessing about every last thing. Once again, I should have learned from the experience with the preparing for the green card interview. Oh well live and learn. Once we get our home study report we are ready to send off the copy to the USCIS to get the immigration approval for two children and then the dossier is ready to go, except I have to finish the letter to the board of the orphanage. I have started it many times, but found it very hard to put into words what having a family means to us and keep it to one page. I'm sure I will get it done soon, because I don't want to hold anything up not having it ready when the paperwork comes back from the USCIS.

0 Kind Words: