1/25/09

Just what I needed

I have been feeling pretty discouraged lately about how long this is taking. Then I talked to Eli whose paperwork for 2 children has been in Ethiopia for 4 months and got even more discouraged. Having a pity party, but then I went to our Ethiopian adoption group dinner Friday night. It was just what I needed.
I got to see updated photos for Sunshine and Brandon's boys and Rebecca and Drew's son and daughter and I was more hopeful that it will really happen for us. Both the families are leaving this coming week to go pick up their children. Just being with all these wonderful families that have been through what I am going through, really helps. It is so wonderful that they understand your angst and impatience. You get to hear their stories and see their beautiful children and how they have adjusted and it some how makes things better.
I feel so blessed to have found this group and I hope everyone that is going through an adoption finds a similar support group.

2 Kind Words:

Shelley said...

I agree, Beth -- our Portland group is fantastic! Hang in there, woman -- it will all be worth the wait, right? We find the time passes more quickly the closer we get to court next week! See you at another gathering soon. ~shel

Elijah G. said...

I hate waiting! (just thought I'd mention it)