2/23/09

Hard week

This last week was a hard one for me and other women whose blogs I follow. I don't know if it was the moon, sun or just kismet, but we were all feeling overwhelmed by the wait and the lack of information. Reading their posts was like they were reading my mind. I am having a very hard time with the wait and Naing isn't. That actually makes it harder for me, that he can except the wait without any questions and isn't at all emotional about this wait process.
I think what is the hardest is the fact that people think telling me it is only three months is comforting. What about the 7 months of adoption paperwork, 1 year of Naing's green card paperwork and the 4 years of fertility treatments. I haven't been waiting for just 3 months, i have been waiting for over 5 years to be a Mom.
If I could get an update, or timeline on when we will get our referrals that would be such a life line for me. I have actually started to question if this will happen for us, maybe we are not getting any referrals because adoption is changing in Ethiopia. When you don't get any information your mind starts to think up crazy scenarios.

3 Kind Words:

Paula said...

Becky, the waiting is awful. Just awful. I don't think people who haven't experienced it understand how stressful it is. But I am SURE you will get a referral. Keep hanging in there.

A brief bio: said...

I am sorry Becky, waiting and waiting is absolute torture. Five years is such a long time. Take heart that things are moving, even though you can't see it happening. You are closer every day. Crystal

Sara Jean said...

Hey Becky,
i so know where you are coming from. But i can tell you that right now you are pregnant and that's why you are so emotionally involved and why your husband isn't. It's very real to you, you can smell, hear, feel your kids and he can't. As a man he will do all those things when he sees them, it's very different for the two of you. My husband and i are the same way. It's important that he just supports you in every way that you need, which means you have to tell him what you need. Which can be really hard because we think they should just know. They don't it's not their fault, it's who God made them to be. i think it pleases God when we reach out and ask for support from our husbands, we really do need them. The thing that keeps me going right now is that i know that i know that God's timing is perfect and in that perfect timing we will get our daughter. Hold on, it will come!
By the way my email is:
asegadams@msn.com i would love to see the t-shirts.
Sara