1/14/10

Day of firsts

This morning Haven put her leggings on by herself. Got the tag in the back and 1 leg in each hole and had them pulled 1/2 way up. Wow that is huge for her age. She was so proud of herself as I helped pull them up the rest of the way. She can put on her shoes and coat on by herself as well. Such a big girl. She also thinks it is her job to help wash Alec's hair in the bathtub and help hold his hand while he walks. Let me just say he is not to thrilled with her help at this point in his life.

Another first that happened is Alec fed himself yogurt with a spoon this morning. This is the first time he has showed interest in trying to feed himself. He was so proud of himself, such a big boy. He has also started patting my back when I hold him and says MaMa, just melts my heart. But the boy is not all sweet and cuddly like he used to be, he has become a screamer and a climber. He screams this high pitch scream when he is stuck and can't figure out how to get where he wants to go. VERY loud boy, working on turning down the volume. He has started climbing, yep climbing. Tonight while I was making dinner he was standing on his push toy trying to climb onto the chair I had pulled into the kitchen for Haven to watch me cook. When I turned around, yikes there he was teetering on the push toy. He did climb onto a bench at my old clinic by himself today. My how he has changed in just a short period of time.

3 Kind Words:

Debbie said...

Wow! Haven sounds like she's very advanced for her age.

The kids are very obviously doing well and that has to make you feel absolutely wonderful.

Paula said...

So much growing up! Sounds busy at your house.

Becky and Naing said...

Deb I really think Haven was 2 when we got her, but according to her birth Mom her 2nd birthday is in March.