1/30/10

Ethiopian Get together

Last night the Portland group of adoptive families from Ethiopia got together for a long awaited catch up. There was suppose to be 75 people attending. I don't know what the final count was, but the place was crazy with beautiful children running around everywhere. To think at our last get together in June we were still waiting for our referrals. Seems so long ago.
It was so wonderful to see everyone and how much their little ones have grown. Alec was on the move walking everywhere. Haven on the other hand I guess was a little overwhelmed by it all. She didn't really play much with the other children and when I was talking to a few other couples she found a mom to hold her. She walked up to Rebecca and plopped down on her and decided she was at home. I have to admit I was a little jealous. Haven wants to be held all day long and of course that is not possible, so she finds others to hold her.
This group of wonderful people helped me so much when Naing and I were in that horrible wait limbo. They are such a giving group of amazing people and it was so wonderful to see them all again.

1 Kind Words:

Paula said...

You are SO LUCKY to have that group as a resource! I am quite jealous... we don't have anything like that around here. :(