1/10/10

Grandma

Haven now takes the picture of my Mom and says Grandma and gives it a kiss. It just melts my heart. I am so glad my Mom came to see my children and it made an impression on Haven. My Mom is 87 years old and has always been an amazing Grandma to all my nieces and nephews. I wanted my children to have that experience. I know my Mom will not see my children all grown and it breaks my heart. I just hope that my children have fond memories of her when the are older. Makes me realize how important this visit was and I need to make a visit with them to Texas a priority. My Mom said that was her last trip, it has been just too much for her to get adjusted back at home after traveling.
It is the same for Naing's parents they are 90 and 86 years old. For now our vacations need to be visiting family so our children can experience the joy of grandparents. God willing they will be here to enjoy Haven and Alec for a long time.

2 Kind Words:

Paula said...

Grandparents are so important! I'm glad your little ones got to meet their's and hopefully they can visit together again soon.

Jill said...

I'm so glad they all decided to make the trip. One of the biggest blessings in life is grandparents! At least Alec and Haven will always have those pictures with them and know they were loved so much.