9/21/10

Every day is Wacky Wednesday...

There is a book my children have called "Wacky Wednesday". They love this book.  It is a silly story about a young boy who wakes up and there is a shoe on his ceiling and all the wacky things he sees that day. Certain events in the book have become an ongoing joke between Haven and Alec. It is so funny to listen to them tell each other the "wacky" thing and listen to them laugh.
They will be sitting in the car, or in their beds and you will hear one of them say "Socks in the shower?"  Nooooooo, insert laughter here. The second event they find so humorous is the tree growing out of the toilet. Alec finds it so funny all he says is toilet and he starts laughing. They do this all day long and crack themselves up.
Last night after Alec had gotten up in the middle of the night. I put him back in his bed and crawled into mine  to hear coming over the baby monitor "socks, shower, toilet"....Alec's laughter, before he went back to sleep.
I do so enjoy my kids' sense of humor. It always amazes how funny and silly they are. If they can go through all they have been through the first year of their lives and laugh. Everyone can laugh. That helps me be less serious and enjoy the lighter things in my day.
So if you are having a bad day just remember a tree growing out of a toilet is hilarious!!! and laugh like a toddler.

2 Kind Words:

Debbie said...

Not only am I going to buy that book for the girls, but I needed something to laugh about today. Thanks.

Paula said...

Thanks for the smile... I was just imagining the hilarity over a tree growing in the toilet and the little kids giggles.