9/23/10

She is a big girl now.

We have been working on potty training Haven with M&Ms as rewards. She is doing a very good job. Today she went the whole day without one accident in her panties (as she likes to call them). It has been a challenge to get her to stop playing to go to the bathroom. All I had to do was bring in the candy and things improved. Of course she does barter. She wants to make sure she is going to get some candy before she walks down the hall. And she has even been known to negotiate for her brother to get a M&M too.
Today Alec was sick and needed more attention and holding, so the best way for Haven to compete for attention, scream out "I have to go potty". Of course I have to stop whatever I'm doing and help. It didn't take long for her to figure out the power of potty training. Smart girl.
She told me today she didn't want to wear pullups only panties. That was a big accomplishment for her and she was so proud when she told me. Haven wants to be a big girl. She likes to play with older kids and do "girlie" things like play with my makeup. But there is a part of Haven that wants me to still feed her like a baby. I'm so proud of her. She has grown up so much in one year.
She is so funny because when she is in the bathroom, she announces "Here comes the pee". ???? Where did that come from? I don't say that, Naing doesn't say that. Funny girl.
We are hoping for continued dry pants and no more diapers at night for her. WooHoo one almost done potty training and one to go.

2 Kind Words:

Paula said...

Yeah for big girl Haven! Potty training was one of my least liked parts of child rearing.

Debbie said...

Yay Haven!!!! You are a big girl now :-)